The Hawk “Star Guitar Charity Auction” Overview
- The Star Guitar Charity Auction will be live on The Early Bird Show from 8am-10am from Oct. 15th– Oct. 19th.
- Each Guitar will be posted at The Star Guitar page at 1055thehawk.com, with a picture and list of artists signatures. These will be updated daily following the winning bid and close of the daily auction.
- First bid will be at 8am following the opening of the auction and description of the guitar on air.
- Calls will be taken live and recorded off air and replayed between songs and commercial breaks. The bids will be tracked by Don Jarrett, updated, and additional bids will be aired until the final winning bid is announced no later than 10am. No exceptions. Highest bid at 10am gets the guitar.
- At that time, the daily auction will be closed and the winning bidder will be notified of their winning bid, and that our business manager, Ryan Bateman will be contacting them to arrange payment before close of business on the day of the winning bid.
- Winning bidders can pay with credit card, money order, or certified check. Cash will not be accepted. All winning bids are final and there will be no refunds.
- In the event, the winning bidder is unable to make payment or backs out of the auction, the second highest bidder will be contacted, and so forth, until a high bidder is determined and agrees to honor their bid.
- Once payment is verified, each winning bidder will take a picture with the guitar and a Hawk Personality to verify possession. They will also receive a “Certificate of Signature Verification” from The Hawk.
- The Hawk will pick two non profit, 501(c) 3 Charities that will benefit from the total funds raised from the auction. Each charity must fill out the proper paperwork and be approved to benefit from the auction. The final total will be equally divided and checks will be issued through The Frank L.Vandersloot Foundation, Inc.